2018 is a good year for anime as online streaming services like Netflix and Hulu are getting behind the industry to introduce it to a broader Western audience and are not just releasing already known titles, but even getting originals produced. In fact, Bones‘ Netflix original anime A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- gets released worldwide on the 9th of March.
Here’s Netflix’s official summary of A.I.C.O. -Incarnation-‘s story:
“In Japan in the year 2035, an accident known as the “Burst” occurs during a research project, spawning an out-of-control artificial life form called “Matter” that has spread throughout the Kurobe Gorge. The research city that was once hailed as the hope for humanity is cordoned off by the government. Two years later, 15-year-old Aiko Tachibana, who lost her family in the Burst, learns something unbelievable from Yuya Kanzaki, a new student at her school. A secret is hidden within her body, and the answer to the puzzle lies at the “Primary Point” that was the center of the Burst. Aiko resolves to infiltrate the restricted area, escorted by a team of divers and with Yuya as her guide. When boy meets a girl with the fate of humanity in their hands, what truth will come to light?”
- Haruka Shiraishi (Kirie Motoba in Himouto! Umaru-chan) as Aiko Tachibana.
- Yusuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki in Re:Zero) as Yuya Kanzaki.
- Ryota Takeuchi (Elias Ainsworth in The Ancient Magus’ Bride) as Daisuke Shinoyama.
- Ai Kayano (Darkness in KonoSuba) as Maho Shiraishi.
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch Man) as Makoto Furukawa.
- Taishi Murata (Jiruo in Made in Abyss) as Kazuki Minase.
- Kaori Nazuka (Tooru Hagakure in My Hero Academia) as Haruka Seri.
- M.A.O. (Vorono in Durarara!!x2) as Kaede Misawa.
- Toru Ohkawa (Roy Mustang in Fullmetal Alchemist) as Susumu Kurose.
- Takehito Koyasu (Dio Brando in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) as Kyousuke Isuzu.
- Atsuko Tanaka (Caster in Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) as Akiko Nanbara.
- Director: Kazuya Murata (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet)
- Series Composition: Yuuichi Nomura (Comet Lucifer)
- Character Designs: Satoshi Ishino (Captain Earth / Date A Live)
- Art Director: Junichi Higashi (Cowboy Bebop / Love Live! Sunshine!!)
- CGI Art Director: Kouki Ohta (Show by Rock!! / Space Dandy)
- Soundtrack Composition: Taro Iwashiro (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet)